Monday, August 20, 2007

Early riser

SM mountains ride 001
Sunday I woke up at 7am. I never get up at 7am, especially on weekends. That's what this bike does to me.

I met up with a guy I met in an online motorcyclist forum, and we headed out through the Santa Monica Mountains. Cruised PCH to Los Flores, then over Stunt to Mulholland and down to the Rock Store. After a run down Latigo, we stopped for gas in Malibu and called it a day. It was 10:00am, getting warm, and he hadn't slept well the night before.

As I'm headed home along PCH, my bike decides the day isn't over and turns onto Los Flores again. I'm feeling good and turns are coming really smoothly today, so we decide that it's time.

Tuna Canyon, here I come.

I was so busy having an awesome time I completely forgot to take any pictures. That road is amazingly fun. Tight, twisty, and one-way with a fantastic view of the ocean.

Time: 4 hours
Miles: 90

1 comment:

Andy said...

"Sunday I woke up at 7am. I never get up at 7am, especially on weekends. That's what this bike does to me."

WERD!