Monday, June 4, 2007

Finally, a full weekend!

What a weekend. Had a total blast with my baby. I saw the girlfriend, too.

Commitments in Orange County forced me to ride down late Friday (to avoid traffic), so that was an experience. My first night ride on the freeway went pretty smoothly. I hopped into the carpool lane and cruised along at about 75. It was like 10:30pm, though, and LA drivers really want to do >80mph. I'm not comfortable with that yet, so I just let them get frustrated and pass me. I figure that's a better idea than getting outside my comfort zone and crashing.

Sunday took the 748 up into the "canyons" east of Orange for a hike with the g/f and her roommates. The hike was nice, the ride was nicer. Nothing too twisty, but traffic was very light and I was able to cruise without worrying about other cars. We stopped for lunch at the local biker bar which was packed with Harleys and custom cruisers. Saw a very nice 996 with tons of carbon fiber, but didn't see the owner.

The ride home was super easy. The Duc really likes it when the road isn't straight. It just seems bored on the freeways.

Miles (total): 140

No comments: