Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cruisin'


I'd been itching all week, so when I went out on Friday and my good friend Julius suggested a Sunday ride/drive, I couldn't resist. Julius has been my driving partner since I've had my M3. He's owned two s2000's (the first one met an unfortunate end on a rainy day in San Francisco) and drives relatively conservatively, so I was happy to go with him on a jaunt to the Malibu canyons.

We took PCH to Kanan Dume to the Mulholland lookout point just east of Kanan Dume. Enjoyed the view, took a few snapshots, and headed back the way we came.

The ride was great - mostly sunny, 70 degrees. Following some advice I found online, I worked on using my legs and abs to keep my weight off of my wrists, which prevented the pain I experienced during my very first ride. I also got more comfortable with higher speeds, starting to lean into some 50+ mph sweepers on Kanan Dume.

Two hours later, I pulled into my driveway and kind of wished for more, but I had other commitments, so the bike got locked up and covered for another day.

Time: 2 hours
Miles: 55

No comments: